Monday, May 23, 2011

Hoarder's Apartment

Why was mom getting sick so often? She was about to be released from the nursing home where she was not cooperating in her rehabilitation. Her apartment was not a suitable for living. Our family came together to move mom. Look what I discovered when I went upstairs with my aunt. I am posting this more than a year later. I still an horrified by what I saw. Hoarding is a disease that continues to bother mom today. There was valuable things there. Her dolls were once beautiful. She made several Shirley Temple dolls. She collected things to make crafts. Yet she had no room to make crafts. She had not been on the Internet for several months. Her computer area was right inside the door. She did not have the space to sit down and log on to her computer. Mom often talks of how she is spending more money now for services that she does not use. She spent money on things that she never ever was able to use. There was so much in the kitchen that I could not turn around there. She was sick once because the gas was turned on the stove when something fell against the dial. Mom does not appreciate all the effort that we put in to get her out of this horrendous mess that was of her own making. When I was on the phone with one of my brother's this year, mom heard me say that we had to move her out. She said dramatically that we did not "have" to move her out. Her cats went feral inside the apartment. Her poor dog had so many infections. Fortunately, these pets she loved are in better hands ...

Visit : Find camera digital ,hd camcorder , led lcd hdtv , Find camera digital ,hd camcorder , led lcd hdtv ,

No comments:

Post a Comment